Good middle-of-the-day, peeps!
(I almost said good-morning, then realized it’s almost noon… but not quite afternoon yet… therefore…)
With the imminent changing of the seasons, I’m ready to try something new in the creative department, and I’ve been running through my options. As usual, I got to thinking. Surely every creative person experiences that rut in which we find ourselves kind of bored with doing the same simple project over and over, or different projects similarly simple that don’t demand anything of us creatively. That’s when we need a challenge. A project of magnitude. (Just try not to hear Vector from Despicable Me while you read that.) Maybe not major magnitude, but something that gets us excited and eager to get going. To that end, check out these 15 ideas to get you started. Try one, try two, or scrap them all and try your own thing.
Just challenge yourself!
1. Design your own pattern collection for fabric or wallpaper
2. Pick 10 classic novels and design new covers for them
3. Illustrate 15 famous quotes (then post them on social media!)
4. Design a greeting card collection
5. Write a short poem every day for 30 days
6. Make a wall calendar for your work space
7. Learn a whole new skill (refinishing furniture, decorating cookies, knitting cabled sweaters, etc.)
8. Paint 5 individual paintings that work together as a group
9. Film 10 craft tutorials for your blog or YouTube channel
10. Design and paint a mural on a wall in your house (if it doesn’t turn out, you can always paint it over. 🙂 )
11. Illustrate your favorite book
12. Try a project that’s the opposite of your usual style (if you do super-realistic artwork, try something abstract, or vice versa)
13. Design promotional posters for your favorite movies
14. Dream up and draw your own couture fashion line
15. Write your memoir
I hope your creative juices are flowing!